2019 UDV ANNUAL MEETING & CONFERENCE
Thank you to all our members, industry delegates and everyone else who made this year’s conference such a success. A very special thank you to all of our sponsors that made the event possible.
The 43rd UDV Annual Conference and Meeting was held at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) on Friday May 10, 2019.
The event focused on ‘Dairy in a Changing Climate’ looking at the changing regulatory, social and environmental climates and how these will affect dairy moving forward.
To view the agenda CLICK HERE
UDV Policy Council Elections
The Annual Meeting dealt with nominations for UDV Policy Council Positions. UDV is guided by a group of elected farmers members who represent the dairy farmers in our 10 dairy regions. The UDV Policy council meet regularly to discuss priority issues for the dairy industry and guide the organisational policy response.
The term of office is 2 years with a maximum of 4 terms (8 years total). Each year half of the UDV Policy Council comes up for election. This year the UDV Policy Council and VFF Board agreed that the role of UDV President would also fall vacant as per VFF Constitution clause 8.6.3. The UDV President role will be again called for in 2020, in its usual cycle.
This year the following individuals were elected
- UDV President – Paul Mumford
- UDV Vice President – John Keely
- Region 1 Policy Councillor – Clark Fehring
- Region 3 Policy Councillor – Nathan Shannon
- Region 5 Policy Councillor – VACANT
- Region 7 Policy Councillor – Matt Gleeson
- Region 9 Policy Councillor – Craig Dwyer
Results of the 2019 resolutions can be seen below:
2019 UDV Conference Resolutions – Results
2019 UDV CONFERENCE PRESENTATIONS
You can access the presentations from the 2019 conference below
- Access the Victoria Police presentation here
- Access Sarah Barker’s ‘Science Schmience’ presentation here
- Access Dairy Australia’s ‘Dairy Matters’ presentation here