applications open for the 2017 nz study tour
The New Zealand Study Tour is an annual tour that takes young Victorian dairy industry representatives to New Zealand to learn about the industry and develop leadership skills.
The study tour is organised by the UDV and funded by the Gardiner Dairy Foundation. It also incorporates a certificate IV unit of study in Agriculture supported by the NCDE.
The selected participants will travel to New Zealand in February 2017 for a fully funded eight day tour to:
• Visit leading dairy farms utilising a variety of farm systems and technology;
• Tour dairy research and processing facilities;
• Visit Federated Farmers of New Zealand and learn about industry issues and advocacy work;
• Meet leading industry representatives both in New Zealand and Australia;
• Meet like-minded young people with a passion for the dairy industry and
• Engage in social and recreational activities.
To apply you need to:
• Be aged between 18-35 years;
• Hold a current Australian passport ;
• Be available for travel late February 2017;
• Actively participate in the dairy industry - either on or off-farm;
• Be enrolled in or have completed studies related to the dairy industry (such as an NCDE Certificate, proven participation in dairy industry short course(s) such as those run by GippsDairy, Westvic Dairy, Murray Dairy, DEDJTR and others or tertiary qualification);
• Agree to have an ongoing relationship with the UDV and Gardiner Dairy Foundation and
• Utilise leadership skills upon return by undertaking leadership roles in the industry and/or community.
Applications close on Friday, October 21st 2016. Selection interviews are to be held in Melbourne during October 2016.
There are two options for completion of a NZ Study Tour Application Form.
Option 1 is designed for printing and completing in pen before returning by post, fax or scanned and emailed.
Option 2 is set up as an editable PDF which can be completed electronically on your computer and emailed back.
Please note: If completing the electronic version, download and save the PDF to your computer, open and write your application, then save the file before sending.
Option 1: Print & Write Application Form
Option 2: Electronic Application Form
Email to: email@example.com
Fax to: 03 9207 5576
Post to: Ashlee Hammond, Level 5, 24 Collins Street, Melbourne, 3000
If you have any questions about the application process - please do not hesitate to contact Ashlee Hammond on 0427 979 095 or (03) 9207 5556.
UDV are very active on Social Media and have a Monthly newsletter, 'Hotline', along with a member alert email, 'At the Desk'.
Facebook: United Dairyfarmers of Victoria - UDV
Hotline mailing list: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject 'Hotline'
At the Desk Email List
The recent milk price announcements have been well covered in our social media. To see more information on the website click here.