2016 UDV ANNUAL MEETING & CONFERENCE
This year the Annual UDV Conference will be held on Friday 15th April 2016 at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.
The UDV organised a Young Farmer Breakfast after the success of the Dairy Farmer’s Breakfast last year. The 2016 Conference addressed issues relating to Social Licence and the Right to Farm and included discussions around the future of the Dairy Industry representation.
On the Friday evening there was the UDV President's Dinner, an event that gave farmers the opportunity to network and socialise with industry friends and representatives.
Click here to view the 2016 UDV Conference Agenda.
2016 RESOLUTION Results
Next Generation Farmers
1. That the UDV Policy Council consider the implementation of two 'Next Generation Farmers', per district, to attend all UDV Policy Council meetings in a non-voting capacity, to assist in the transfer of knowledge back to local members, to add valuable input at Council level for policy development and that remuneration, if deemed appropriate, for the 'Next Generation Farmers' should be at the discretion of the UDV Policy Council.
2. That the UDV continue to advocate Infrastructure Victoria to explore the opportunity to upgrade energy sources in the south west dairy region of Tyrendarra by tapping into the $200m Agriculture Infrastructure and Jobs Fund.
3. That UDV calls on the State Government to take responsibility for the funding of a comprehensive upgrade of SWER and single phase lines supplying dairy farms to 3-phase. In doing so seek structured support of regional communities, businesses and local government.
4. The UDV actively engage with VFF Water Council to ensure that dairy farm businesses are well represented on all water issues.
5. That the UDV pursue with government the importance and need for 3-phase electricity transmission to be connected to all dairy farming operations in Victoria.
6. The UDV Conference supports the immediate removal of the Road Safety Remuneration Tribunal.
2015 UDV ANNUAL MEETING & CONFERENCE
The 39th UDV Annual Meeting and Conference was held at the Melbourne Cricket Ground on Wednesday, 29th April 2015.
2015 Resolution results
1. That the UDV adopt as policy that non-therapeutic induction of calves should be proactively phased out.
2. That the UDV lobby to amend the dairy licence conditions to allow the sale of unpasteurised, natural fresh milk to be available for purchase by the general public for human consumption under regulated conditions.
3. That the UDV actively oppose the slur that "raw milk kills", and promote publicly the fact that milk is a natural and healthy product.
4. That the UDV initiate discussion with financial institutions to encourage them to recognise the true/real value of dairy cattle when young farmers enter into loan discussions.