Member and Network Development Representative – Gippsland region
Be part of a team that makes a difference
Victoria’s peak farmer organisation, the VFF is seeking an enthusiastic individual who is passionate about farming and agriculture to join our Member and Network Development Team.
About the role
The Member and Network Development Representative is a key farmer facing representative of the VFF in regional Victoria. The primary objectives of this role are to build and maintain VFF’s farmer and stakeholder networks, whilst delivering membership growth through direct membership retention and sales. You will be responsible for maintaining and developing a network within the Gippsland region of branches, key farmer contacts, and members with the objective of market penetration and growth. Consistent with this is the responsibility for direct membership sales activities, from retention, through to lead generation and close of sale. This role reports to the VFF Member and Network Development Manager and both represents and assists the VFF to strengthen its relationship with stakeholders in the region including industry partners, government representatives and media.
The role will be based in the Gippsland region and will involve travel across your local region.
Position Objectives include
- Drive awareness of the activities of the VFF in the local region, engage with the local farming community to support and retain existing members and grow VFF membership.
- Responsible for maintaining and developing new farmer networks across agricultural sectors within regional Victoria, with the ultimate goal of driving market penetration and membership engagement and growth
- Responsible for direct membership sales tailored exclusively to the agricultural industry
- Assist the VFF to strengthen its relationships with stakeholders in the region including industry partners, government representatives and media
- Representing the organisation in a professional and respected manner, demonstrating a sound understanding of the organisation, its benefits and different sectoral issues
Skills and experience
The successful applicant will ideally have relevant tertiary qualifications and/or relevant industry experience in agriculture.
- 5 or more years of sales experience in the agriculture sector or related industry
- A familiarity of agriculture and farming practices.
- Excellent rapport building skills, with demonstrated experience building relationships with stakeholders.
- Motivation and enthusiasm for talking to people in the agricultural sector and an ability to communicate with farmers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social media platforms.
- Strong initiative and the drive to make the role your own and to work both independently and as part of a team.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality and trust with regard to sensitive material and information.
As this role is regionally based, an ability to manage workloads with minimal supervision and direction is also essential, as is a current driver licence. The flexibility to travel and work outside normal work hours on occasion is required.
The salary range is $60,000 - $70,000 per annum plus superannuation, commensurate with knowledge and experience.
If you think this is the role for you, we would love to hear from you!
For more information contact the VFF Workplace Relations Department on 1300 442 481 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 5pm Monday 24 June