The VFF is seeking an experienced and organised Assistant Accountant in a new and varied role.
About the role
This is a great opportunity in a new role to be part of a team that makes a difference. The successful candidate will assist with the management and financial accounting functions for the Victorian Farmers Federation (VFF) and related organizations. The role will assist in the provision of accounting requirements for a variety of Grant programs and projects the VFF operates from time to time. In addition to financial control & reporting, this role will support the Finance and Administration Manager in the control of IT systems, building management and administration. The incumbent to this role will provide an environment of excellence with regard to financial policy and process, internal control, accounting practice and associated procedures.
If you would like to join a dedicated and passionate team committed to advocating for change to improve the lives of Victoria’s farmers, and you have relevant experience, great organizational, communication, negotiation skills and a positive, can-do attitude, we would love to hear from you.
In undertaking the Assistant Accountant role, responsibilities will include:
- Assist with the management of all aspects of the VFF accounting function
- Assist with relationship management with the Shared Services operation (inclusive of Payroll) to ensure the highest levels of service are delivered to VFF
- In conjunction with the Finance and Administration Manager, document, maintain and improve Finance, Accounting and Administration policies, processes, procedures and standards for the organisation and ensure staff are fully trained in correct procedures for achievement of those standards.
- Assist with the annual Budgeting process and periodical forecasts
- Manage projects as required from time to time to facilitate improved financial, administrative and IT service delivery
- In conjunction with the Finance and Administration Manager, ensure all direct and indirect taxation obligations for VFF companies are met
- Assist with all aspects of annual audits and production of Annual Financial Reports
- Assist in the provision of the following:
- Provide timely and accurate control of accounting processes for including (but not limited to) Membership revenue, Grant revenue, Pre-payments, Standing monthly journals
- Fixed assets – life cycle reporting and management of fixed assets register
- Monthly reporting and balance sheet reconciliations
A commitment to the organisation, combined with complimentary values is essential:
- United. One voice, one team, one dream.
- Effective. Delivering on clear goals and outcomes and communicating them.
- Professional. Treat others with respect, accountable, calm, skilled, honest, competent, positive, and authentic.
- Connected. Collaborate across the organization, in touch with our members, their issues and needs.
- Innovative. Adaptable, modern, applying ideas across commodities, teams and members.
Skills and experience include:
- Accounting degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in related field
- Experience in Administration & IT operational management preferred
- High competency with Great Plains accounting / reporting software
- Considerable demonstrated experience in a similar management reporting capacity
- Strategic Planning skills in order to assist the business leadership
- Highly developed consultation, communication and negotiation skills are required to succeed in this position.
- A high level of initiative and confidentiality is vital to this role.
- Australian Driver’s License.
This is a full time position.
Remuneration will be commensurate with experience. Applicants must address the selection criteria in their application. The selection criteria can be found in the position description below.
Applications close on Friday 14 May.