The VFF is seeking a Communications Officer to deliver a safety and wellbeing campaign and communication plan for the VFF Making our Farms Safer project. This is an exciting opportunity in a new role to be involved in a project to deliver and drive activities to promote and support safer workplaces for the farming community.
- Be part of a team that makes a difference
- Great opportunity to be involved in a project that promotes and support safer workplaces in the farming community
- Part time – 3-4 days per week (Maximum term position until 30 June 2023)
About the role
The Victorian Farmers Federation (VFF) is committed to promoting and supporting safe workplaces for the farming community. The delivery of the Making our Farms Safer project will assist in the objectives of delivering on farm safety for VFF members and the wider community.
Through the delivery of this project, a safety and well-being campaign will be implemented with development of an online platform, tools and services for Victorian farmers that promote and improve farm safety and farm family well- being. The Communications Officer is responsible for campaign management, content creation and development of communications materials for the safety and well-being campaign for the Making Our Farms Safer project
The Communications Officer works closely with the Project Manager and Farm Safety Advisors and is responsible for all internal and external communications for the Making our Farms Safer project.
If you are looking for a rewarding role where your communications expertise and campaign management experience can have a positive impact on the farming community, we would love to hear from you.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- The implementation of the Making our Farms Safer communication plan and the overall management of the safety and wellbeing campaign for the duration of the project
- Delivery of a Safety and Well-being Campaign through the development of engaging and appropriate communications aimed at Victorian Farmers to promote and improves farm safety and farm family wellbeing.
- Deliverables include providing farmers with a higher level of awareness of farm safety and wellbeing services provided by the VFF, and a greater understanding of their farm safety and wellbeing rights and responsibilities.
- In conjunction with the Project Manager, measure and evaluate the success of the Safety and Well-being campaign over the duration of the project.
Skills and experience include:
Experience and qualifications
- Tertiary qualifications in communications, PR, Marketing or a related discipline
- Demonstrated experience in media relations, public relations, contemporary communication, social media or journalism
- Demonstrated experience in a similar capacity in marketing and campaign management and communications
- Experience in the development of content for online platforms
- Experience in agriculture would be highly regarded
- The ability to effectively communicate across different channels, develop compelling and engaging messages to farmers, media, politicians and the community is a prerequisite for selection to this role
- The ability to provide general communications services and advice including translating complex information to plain language messaging that is channel appropriate
- Demonstrated experience in delivering media campaigns with impact and outcomes of change or action
- Ability to design effective media and social media campaign to promote important topics
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills with the confidence to liaise across a range of stakeholders and government organisations, as well as across the organisation
- Communication with farmers and other rural based communities using contemporary and traditional channels
- Calm, high emotional intelligence to understand and navigate complex industry and media messaging
- Ability to work with and understand member values and the role of a membership organisation
- Computer literacy across Microsoft Office, social media and blog platforms
- Experience in video recording, editing and publishing
- Motivation and enthusiasm for talking to people in the rural sector, and an ability to communicate and establish relationship with a cross- section of people from farming communities
- Experience working in a complex stakeholder and high-pressure environment
- Drivers licence
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the key duties and responsibilities in the position description satisfactorily
- As this role may entail liaising with executives, politicians, members and councillors, and involves the handling of confidential and sensitive information, the ability to maintain confidentiality and trust within the VFF is a requirement. Strong integrity and the ability to ensure confidentiality regardless of external media pressure is paramount
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the key duties and responsibilities in the position description satisfactorily. Applicants must address the selection criteria in their application. The selection criteria can be found in the position description.
Remuneration commensurate with experience.
This is a part time maximum term position until 30 June 2023.
Applicants must address the selection criteria in their application. The selection criteria can be found in the position description.
For more information contact the VFF Workplace Relations Department on 1300 442 481 or email@example.com.
Applications close 5pm Monday 22 February 2021