The VFF is seeking a policy Advisor for 3 months to assist with the provision of strategic and high level policy advice regarding Land Access and Planning in the VFF Stakeholder Policy and Advocacy Division.
- Be part of a team that makes a difference
- Great opportunity to extend your policy and advisory expertise in Land Access and Planning
- Part time 3 month contract role – 2-3 days per week
About the role
The Stakeholder, Policy and Advocacy Advisor – Land Access and Planning will provide policy advice regarding Land Access and Planning within the Victorian Farmers Federation (VFF) Stakeholder Policy and Advocacy Division. A key focus will also include ensuring VFF Land Access guidance for landholders reflects current information.
This is a great opportunity to use your policy development and advisory skills in a unique environment, providing accurate and timely advice to VFF members regarding current and proposed projects in relation to land access obligations and rights.
This role will work closely with VFF Senior Stakeholder Policy and Advocacy Advisor – Land Management and Planning.
This is a temporary part time position for 3 months.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Review and update VFF land access guidance for landholders to ensure current information is reflected
- The provision of accurate and timely advice to VFF members regarding current and proposed projects regarding land access obligations and rights
- Assist the Senior Stakeholder Policy and Advocacy Advisor – Land Management and Planning in the management of other land management, land access planning enquiries received from VFF Members
- Assist the Stakeholder Policy and Advocacy Manager and contribute to the development of land access and planning management policy, including identification of issues, research and analysis, prioritization of research and policy development as required
- Provide operational level planning & land access policy advice to the Manager Stakeholder, Policy and Advocacy and members of the Victorian Farmers Federation.
- As required proactively work with ‘key stakeholders’ (industry groups, politicians, bureaucrats, environmental groups), under the direction of the Manager Stakeholder, Policy and Advocacy to promote the VFF position on issues relating to land access and planning, through publications, events and the media.
- Communicate with VFF members in relation to policy issues regarding land access and planning, and ensure channels of communication are managed to provide feedback to the VFF.
- Other duties as required
Skills and experience required include:
- The successful candidate will have tertiary qualifications and demonstrated experience in land access and planning. An understanding of farming systems and natural resource management will also be highly regarded.
- A demonstrated understanding of, or an interest in, the agriculture industry.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills. The ability to convey complicated ideas and policy justifications to a number of audiences and a number of formats.
- Demonstrated experience in a similar advisory capacity, within a complex issue-rich work environment
- Well-developed consultation and negotiation skills
- An ability to write succinctly is essential as this role will require a number of writing techniques, such as supporting submission writing, drafting publications and policy briefs
- This role entails liaising with executives, politicians, members and councilors and involves handling of confidential and sensitive information, the ability to maintain confidentiality and trust within the VFF is an absolute requirement for this role.
- Australian Driver’s License
This is a part time (2-3 days per week) Maximum Term contract position for 3 months.
Remuneration will be commensurate with experience. Applicants must address the selection criteria in their application. The selection criteria can be found in the position description.
Applications close Monday 1 March 2021