The Victorian Farmers Federation is a member organization dedicated to creating an environment for farmers that enables profitable, safe and sustainable production, within a community that values and respects the farm sector.
As a member based organization it is important that a culture of inclusiveness, fairness and respect for all is fostered throughout. All members participating in VFF events such as branch meetings, regional forums, conferences etc are expected to behave in a manner reflective of these principles.
- Diversity in people and opinion is welcomed
- People will be treated with respect irrespective of their views
- Equal treatment for all regardless of who they are
- People are welcome to participate and contribute to the organisation
- Patience is shown for those that may be less comfortable or able to express their views.
The VFF Member Grievance process outlines the manner in which inappropriate behaviour is to be reported and the process that will be followed in investigating a complaint. The behaviours outlined below are subject to possible sanction through the VFF Member Grievance process:
- Sexual Harassment;
- Abusive language towards a guest, member or VFF staff;
- Bringing the VFF into disrepute;
- Discourtesy or rudeness to a fellow member or participant at a VFF event;
- Actual or threatened violence;
- Conduct endangering the life, safety, health or well-being of others;
- Bullying; or
- Taking unfair advantage of another person.
Recording of VFF meetings without the express knowledge and consent of all present, excluding any media approved by the VFF President, is forbidden.
Any recordings, or parts thereof, must be treated as confidential and must not be distributed without the express knowledge and consent of anyone picture in, recorded, mentioned or otherwise represented in the recording or part thereof.
Possible sanctions include termination of membership.
Any member who has been subject to, or witnessed such behaviours can a lodge a grievance. The Member Grievance policy is available here or by contacting the office of the CEO on (03) 9207 5503 or [email protected].