GUIDELINES AND ELIGIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS
To be eligible to apply to the Farmers' Fund, an applicant should:
- Be located in Victoria, the Riverina area of NSW, eastern SA or Tas
- Be a share farmer, dairy farm owner operator, or a dairy farm lessee.
2. USE OF FUNDS
Applications to use funds from the Farmers' Fund for any of the following purposes are encouraged for:
- Training for business management or agronomic skills directly related to the operation of a dairy farm
- Investments that enhance dairy farm business productivity, sustainability and resilience such as, but not limited to:
- Pasture improvements
- Feed pads
- Milking equipment
- Management systems
- Herd genetics
- Feed storage
- Irrigation and water upgrades
- Feed systems; and
- Engaging expert advice to improve farm productivity, sustainability, business management,
business planning, or succession planning.
3. PROGRAMS BEYOND THE SCOPE OF THE FUND
Funds cannot be used for purposes which include, but are not limited to:
• Research expenses
• International travel for conferences or study
• Costs associated with the purchase of, or lease of land and livestock
• Legal expenses
• Payment of fines or taxes
• Other uses that may be determined by the panel from time to time.
4. APPLICATIONS TO THE FARMERS' FUND
There will be one round of funding available each quarter.
Farmers’ Fund will only accept one successful application per business. If you have been successful in previous rounds of the fund then you are ineligible to reapply for three years.
Applications to the fund will only be accepted from those applicants that complete and submit the approved application form. Applications must be submitted either by email or post.
Visit the 'apply now' tab here to apply. Applications for each round of funding must be received by the closing date specified by the panel.
The VFF will only accept one successful application per business, if you have been successful in previous rounds of the fund then you are ineligible to reapply.
So that the panel is in a position to properly and fairly evaluate each application to the fund, applicants must provide detailed and accurate information.
This information includes:
• Applicant details
• Details of the dairy farm business
• History of involvement in the dairy industry
• Milk Processor Income Estimations for the previous and current financial year
• Amount of funding sought
• Purpose of the funding
• A statement of how the funding will benefit the farm business, farm family and/or the dairy industry
• The provision of two referees
• Answer ALL other questions provided on the application form.
Applications will be reviewed by the panel after the closing date of each round, with a decision on the recipients of funding to be made as determined by the panel.
Referees must not be a relative or spouse. Examples of referees may include professional referees who are familiar with your farm such as your accountant, vet, or agronomist. It is recommended you notify your referee in advance.
Applications to the Farmers' Fund will be treated in confidence. Applications will be restricted to the panel and any person engaged by the panel to assist with the assessment of applications.
Referees provided by applicants may be contacted without prior notice being given to the applicant. No information provided within an application form will be used for promotion of the Fund or Farmers’ Fund milk without the express consent of the applicant.
Information from applications in a consolidated, unidentifiable form may be used for the purposes of promotion of the Fund and Farmer’s Fund milk.
6. RESERVATION OF THE PANEL’S RIGHTS
The selection panel may in its absolute discretion:
• Request clarification or further information in relation to any of the information provided by an applicant
• Accept or reject any Farmers' Fund Application Form submitted after the closing date
• Vary the Farmers' Fund application process at any time. Should this occur, Farmers' Fund will provide applicants with reasonable notice to this effect
• At any time terminate the Farmers' Fund application process or suspend any part of the process with respect to any applicant
• Vary the eligibility criteria, in which case Farmers' Fund will provide applicants with reasonable notice to this effect.
7. APPLICANTS TO SEEK INDEPENDENT ADVICE
The receipt of funding from the Farmers' Fund may have taxation and legal implications for applicants.
All applicants should obtain independent GST, taxation and legal advice in relation to the rights and obligations that may arise as a result of receiving funding.
GO TO APPLY NOW TO DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM