FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. WHAT IS THE FARMERS’ FUND?
The Farmers’ Fund is a grant scheme designed to deliver practical support, build resilience and stimulate sustainable growth for farmers.
Established with a $1 million donation from the Coles Nurture Fund, the initiative raises money through the sale of Farmers’ Fund milk.
2. WHO OWNS THE FARMERS’ FUND?
The Farmers’ Fund is owned and managed by farmers for farmers, through the Victorian Farmers Federation.
3. IS THE FARMERS’ FUND A NOT-FOR-PROFIT?
Yes, the Farmers' Fund also has deductible gift recipient (DGR) status.
4. WHY SHOULD PEOPLE BUY FARMERS’ FUND MILK?
Farmers' Fund milk provides consumers with an option to show their support for local dairy farmers with a guaranteed 40 cents from every purchase directed to the Fund.
5. WHERE IS FARMERS’ FUND MILK SOLD?
The Farmers’ Fund milk can be purchased at most Coles supermarkets in Victoria.
6. WHY CAN I ONLY BUY THE FARMERS’ FUND MILK FROM COLES IN VICTORIA?
Farmers' Fund milk is a joint initiative of Coles and the VFF. Coles has kick-started the Fund by donating $1 million from its Nurture Fund.
7. DOES THIS MEAN THAT THE VFF SUPPORTS $1 A LITRE MILK?
The Farmers' Fund milk provides consumers with a choice to show their support for local dairy farmers with a guaranteed 40 cents from every purchase of two-litres being directed
straight to the Fund.
8. WHERE DOES THE FARMERS' FUND MILK COME FROM?
The Farmers’ Fund milk is produced by Murray Goulburn and Coles and is sourced from dairy farmers in Victoria.
9. HOW DO I APPLY FOR A GRANT?
Applications must be received by either email or post. No other method will be accepted. Please do not send your application twice.
10. WHO CAN APPLY FOR FARMERS’ FUND GRANTS?
The Farmers' Fund grants are available to dairy farmers in south eastern Australia, including Victoria and areas of southern New South Wales, South Australia and Tasmania.
11. ARE THE FARMERS’ FUND GRANTS ONLY AVAILABLE TO VICTORIAN DAIRY FARMERS?
The Farmers’ Fund grants are available to dairy farmers in Victoria and areas of southern New South Wales, South Australia and Tasmania.
12. WHAT IS THE CRITERIA? WHAT CAN THE MONEY BE USED FOR?
The Farmers’ Fund encourages applicants to request grants to invest in infrastructure, education or expert advice that helps build a viable future for their business.
Applications to the Farmers' Fund for any of the following purposes are encouraged:
- Training for business management or agronomic skills directly related to the operation of a dairy farm
- Investments that enhance farm business productivity, sustainability and resilience such as, but not limited to: pasture management, feed pads, milking equipment, management systems, herd genetics, feed systems and storage, irrigation and water supply
- Engaging expert advice to improve farm productivity, sustainability, business management, business planning or succession planning.
13. HOW MUCH MONEY DO THE GRANTS PROVIDE?
The Farmers’ Fund will provide grants from $5,000 up to $10,000.
14. WHO MAKES THE DECISION REGARDING THE GRANTS?
The selection panel is made up of representatives from the Victorian Farmers Federation, United Dairyfarmers of Victoria, National Farmers’ Federation and Coles.
The Victorian Farmers Federation oversees the management and administration of the Farmers’ Fund.
15. HOW WILL DECISIONS BE MADE?
To ensure a fair and equitable process, applications are de-identified before being considered by the selection panel.
The panel are looking for projects which:
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to the industry
- Improve the productivity, profitability and sustainability of their dairy farm business
- Support the development of business plans, farm succession and knowledge building
- Impact your business positively.
16. HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO MAKE A DECISION?
< Return to home
Upon closure of each round applicants will be notified of the relevant decision dates.
GO TO APPLY NOW TO DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM