2018 Gardiner Foundation New Zealand Study Tour
Applications are now open to prospective participants of the 2018 New Zealand Study Tour!
The New Zealand Study Tour is an annual tour that takes young Victorian dairy industry representatives to New Zealand to learn about the industry and develop leadership skills.
The study tour is organised by United Dairyfarmers of Victoria (UDV) and funded by the Gardiner Dairy Foundation. It will also incorporate a formal certificate IV unit of study in Agriculture.
New Zealand is acknowledged as the world’s largest exporter of dairy products and the successful candidates will have the opportunity to see and discuss first-hand New Zealand’s world class business practices.
The selected participants will travel to New Zealand in February 2018 for a fully funded eight day tour to:
• Visit leading dairy farms utilising a variety of farm systems and technology;
• Tour dairy research and processing facilities;
• Visit Federated Farmers of New Zealand and learn about industry issues and advocacy work;
• Meet leading industry representatives both in New Zealand and Australia;
• Meet like-minded young people with a passion for the dairy industry and
• Engage in social and recreational activities.
Applications can be downloaded HERE!
A type fillable form can be downloaded at the bottom of this page.
To apply you need to:
• Be aged between 18-35 years;
• Hold a current Australian passport ;
• Be available for travel February 2018;
• Actively participate in the dairy industry - either on or off-farm;
• Be enrolled in or have completed studies related to the dairy industry, such as the NCDE Certificate II, III, or IV; or proven participation in dairy industry short course(s) such as those run by GippsDairy, Westvic Dairy, Murray Dairy, DEDJTR and others;
• Agree to have an ongoing relationship with the UDV and Gardiner Dairy Foundation and
• Utilise leadership skills upon return by undertaking leadership roles in the industry and/or community.
Completed application forms and attached documentation must be returned to Chris Paynter at UDV by October 16th 2017.
They can be mailed to:
24-28 Collins Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
Or emailed to email@example.com
UDV are very active on Social Media and have a Monthly newsletter, 'Hotline', along with a member alert email, 'At the Desk'.
Hotline mailing list: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject 'Hotline'
or receive a link to the Hotline every month by email
At the Desk Email List