Honey bee pollination and your crop
Did you know that by hiring honey bee hives to pollinate your crop, the size and quality of your fruit and/or seed set will be improved?
Crops for which honey bee pollination is essential:
- Pome Fruits (apples and pears)
- Nashi Fruit
- Kiwi Fruit
- Blueberries, Raspberries, Strawberries etc
- Cucurbits – Melons, Pumpkins, Marrow, Squash, Cucumbers, Zucchinis
- Almonds, Lucerne, Buckwheat.
Crops whose yield quality is improved by the presence of honey bee hives:
- Faba Beans
- Chick Peas
- Stone Fruits
- Vegetable seed production.
With improvement in the quality of your crop by efficient pollination, can you afford not to hire honey bees?
See below hire/consignment note proforma to assist with placing your bees for pollination of crops etc.