2017 UDV ANNUAL CONFERENCE & MEETING
The 41st UDV Annual Conference & Meeting will be held at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) on Friday May 12, 2017.
The meeting will focus on "Lessons from 2016 and the way forward", starting with the Young Farmer Breakfast and finishing with the UDV Presidents’ Dinner that evening.
Click here to view the draft 2017 UDV Conference Agenda
Attendance to the entire event is free for UDV members and all attendees that register will receive two free tickets to see Essendon V Geelong at the MCG on Saturday 13th May.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR THE 2017 UDV CONFERENCE. If you have any issues, please call the VFF on 1300 882 833.
Alternatively, you can contact Ashlee Hammond on (03) 9207 5556 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration forms have been posted to all UDV members. Registration closes Tuesday 2nd May.
The meeting will also receive reports and deal with member resolutions. Resolutions must be submitted to Vin Delahunty, UDV Manager at email@example.com by no later than the close of business (5pm), Monday April 3, 2017.
UDV Policy COuncil Nominations
Business will include elections for UDV Vice President plus UDV Regional Representatives for Region 1 (Cohuna & districts); Region 3 (Goulburn Valley); Region 5 (Macalister Irrigation & districts); Region 7 (Warragul & districts); Region 9 (Corangamite).
The meeting will also receive reports and deal with member resolutions. Resolutions must be submitted to the UDV Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than the close of business (5pm), Monday April 3, 2017.
Office bearer nominations must be completed as specified and submitted to email@example.com by no later than the close of business (5pm), Monday April 3, 2017.
Nomination form for the listed office bearer is AVAILABLE HERE and commodity council nomination form is AVAILABLE HERE, or on request from the VFF CEO, Graeme Ford, on 1300 882 833.
Due to a constitutional change passed at the 2016 VFF Annual Conference, the current Regional Representatives for Region 1 (Cohuna & districts) & Region 3 (Goulburn Valley) are unable to re-nominate for their positions as they have served the allowable maximum council term.
2016 AGM RESOLUTION RESULTS
Next Generation Farmers
1. That the UDV Policy Council consider the implementation of two 'Next Generation Farmers', per district, to attend all UDV Policy Council meetings in a non-voting capacity, to assist in the transfer of knowledge back to local members, to add valuable input at Council level for policy development and that remuneration, if deemed appropriate, for the 'Next Generation Farmers' should be at the discretion of the UDV Policy Council.
2. That the UDV continue to advocate Infrastructure Victoria to explore the opportunity to upgrade energy sources in the south west dairy region of Tyrendarra by tapping into the $200m Agriculture Infrastructure and Jobs Fund.
3. That UDV calls on the State Government to take responsibility for the funding of a comprehensive upgrade of SWER and single phase lines supplying dairy farms to 3-phase. In doing so seek structured support of regional communities, businesses and local government.
4. The UDV actively engage with VFF Water Council to ensure that dairy farm businesses are well represented on all water issues.
5. That the UDV pursue with government the importance and need for 3-phase electricity transmission to be connected to all dairy farming operations in Victoria.
6. The UDV Conference supports the immediate removal of the Road Safety Remuneration Tribunal.