New Casual Conversion Clause
Casual Employees will be give certain rights, if they meet certain criteria’s, to request to change to a full time or part time tenure, thus after surpassing a period of employment.
Casual Conversion that is being introduced is new to most industries. These rights and responsibilities have not been around for very long. This takes effect from 1st of October 2018. Most if not all employers within Australia will be affected.
VFF members should do the following:
- From 1st October 2018 members should view their EBA or covering Modern Award, which sets out specific responsibilities they must follow and comply with.
- Provide all future casual employees a copy of the conversion clause during the period of no more than 12 months from first shift.
- Provide all current casual employees at 1st October 2018, a copy of the conversion clause by no later than 1st January 2019.
If you are confused or unsure of what is being advised or want more understand of procedure to introduce please call the Workplace Relations Team at the VFF on (03) 9207 5513.
2018 Annual Wage Review
Today the Fair Work Commission issued its decision to increase the minimum wage rates in the modern awards by 3.5%.
The national minimum wage will increase to $719.20 per week or $18.93 per hour. This constitutes an increase of $24.30 per week to the weekly rate or 64c per hour to the hourly rate.
The new rate applies from the 1 July 2018.
2017 Annual Wage Increase - ALERT
The Fair Work Commission has granted 3.3 per cent increase to minimum wage earners via the 2017 Minimum Wage Decision.
The increase affects all Modern Awards and the VFF Workplace Relations Department is now in the process of providing details of the decision to VFF Employment Handbook Subscribers.
Modern Awards the VFF Workplace Relations Department provides an update service include;
• Pastoral Award 2010 – Broad Acre and Livestock
• Pastoral Award 2010 – Pigs
• Pastoral Award 2010 – Shearing
• Pastoral Award 2010 – Eggs/Poultry
• Horticulture Award 2010
• Wine Industry Award 2010
• Food, Beverage and Tobacco Manufacturing Award 2010
• Clerks – Private Sector Award 2010
• National Training Wage
• Nursery Award 2010
• Retail Award 2010
• Road Transport Award 2010
Subscribers will receive their wage rates as soon as possible.
Members can however receive their wage rates in advance. Simply email email@example.com quoting your VFF membership number and your selection of wages sheets from the above subscription list.
If you are not a subscriber, or would like to confirm you are a current subscriber, please contact VFF Workplace Relations on 1300 442 481 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SPECIALIST ADVICE ON ALL AGRICULTURAL MODERN AWARDS
Our Industrial Relations service offers a range of packages that include access to the highly acclaimed VFF Employment Handbook. Our handbook offers subscribers a guide for members on wage and allowance provisions for the following industries:
Dairy, Grains, Mixed Farming, Livestock, Shearing, Horticulture, Wine, Pigs, Eggs, Poultry, Clerical Workers, Retail, Transport, Storage & Wholesale, Trainees and many more!
WorkSafe's Agent insurance panel
As of 2016, WorkSafe's panel of Agents changed to:
- Allianz Australia Workers' Compensation (Victoria) Ltd
- CGU Workers Compensation (Vic) Limited
- EML VIC Pty Ltd
- Gallagher Bassett Services Workers Compensation Vic Pty Ltd
- Xchanging Integrated Services Victoria Pty Ltd
Please be advised also that effective 1 July 2016, EML VIC Pty Ltd (EML) will replace QBE Workers Compensation (Vic) Limited (QBE) as a WorkCover insurance registration Agent.
For further assistance please contact the WorkSafe Advisory Service on 1800 136 089.