Finance and Administration Manager
Join a team that makes a difference
Victoria's peak farmer representative group, the Victorian Farmers Federation (VFF), is seeking an experienced
Finance and Administration Manager for the management and coordination of VFF Finance, Accounting and
Administration functions. This includes all accounting matters and financial reporting (statutory and other) for
existing VFF companies and organisations
About the role
The key focus for this role is to provide timely and accurate financial and non-financial KPI reporting inclusive of documented meaningful analysis for the VFF CEO, VFF Commodity and Departmental Managers and Board(s) of Directors. In addition, the Finance and Administration Manager will have responsibility for the accounting and financial reporting requirements of a variety of Grant programs and Projects that the VFF operates from time to time.
In addition to financial control and reporting, it is intended the role will have operational oversight and control of IT systems and providers, faclitiies/building management and administration. The incumbent to this position will provide an environment of excellence with regard to financial policy and process, internal control, accounting practice and associated procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities include
- Manage all aspects of the VFF accounting function
- Preparation (and design) of the monthly Reporting Pack(s) inclusive of forecasts
- Preparation of professional advisory papers Accounting Finance matters
- Attend meetings of, and report to, the Finance & Audit Committee on regular and ad hoc matters. There may also be occasions where reporting to the Board of Directors is required.
- Document, maintain and improve Finance, Accounting and Administration policies, processes, procedures and standards for the organisation and ensure staff are fully trained in correct procedures for achievement of those standards. This includes, but is not limited to, contract management, procurement, leasing, tendering, auditing, and asset management (cars, property, IT, phones etc.).
- Conduct regular monthly financial reviews with Commodity & Department Managers
- Conduct a robust and inclusive Budgeting process that will meet the short and long term strategic objectives set by the CEO / Board of Directors
- Ensure all direct and indirect taxation obligations for VFF companies are met
- Manage all aspects of annual audits and production of Annual Financial Reports
- Manage submission of all reporting requirements of ACNC
- Prepare all financial reporting requirements of VFF Commodity Groups.
The Finance and Administration Manager is responsible for the performance of
- CA or CPA
- Shared Services function (operating under a Service Level Agreement)
- Finance and Administration Department employees (if any)
Qualifications and Experience
- CA or CPA
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in Financial leadership roles
- Experienced in Administration & IT operational management
- High competency with Great Plains accounting / reporting software
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the key duties and responsibilities satisfactorily
- Considerable demonstrated experience in a similar management capacity
- Strategic Planning skills in order to assist the business leadership
- Highly developed consultation, communication and negotiation skills are required to succeed in this position.
Applying for this role
Salary will be commensurate with knowledge and experience.
Applicants must address the selection criteria in their application. The selection criteria can be found within the position description.
Click here to download to position description.
Click here to apply via Seek.
Applications close Monday 26 November 2019
For more information contact the VFF Workplace Relations Department on 1300 442 481 or firstname.lastname@example.org