Dairy Study Tour
2021 Gardiner Dairy Foundation – UDV Study Tour of Victoria
Applications for the 2021 Gardiner Dairy Foundation – United Dairyfarmers of Victoria Study Tour of Victoria are now CLOSED. Applications that were received are currently being reviewed.
Heading off between the 28th of June and the 6th of July (dates subject to change) the Victorian Study Tour is the first of its kind and will allow young Victorian dairy industry representatives to explore their own backyard.
The tour provides an exclusive opportunity to find out how dairy and other agricultural industries are building success by utilising new and innovative technologies. The tour will provide an in-depth insight into cutting edge science and practice for Victoria’s young dairy professionals.
How to Apply
To apply you need to:
- Be aged between 18-35 years
- Live and work in Victoria
- Be available for travel between the 28th of June and the 6th of July (dates subject to change)
- Actively participate in the dairy industry – either on or off-farm
- Be enrolled in or have completed studies related to the dairy industry, such as Certificate II, III, or IV; or proven participation in dairy industry short course(s) such as those run by GippsDairy, Westvic Dairy, Murray Dairy, DEDJTR and others
- Agree to have an ongoing relationship with the UDV and Gardiner Dairy Foundation
- Utilise leadership skills upon return by undertaking leadership roles in the industry and/or community.
Applications can be made by completing this application form and returning as directed. The application deadline has been extended and will now close at 9am Monday the 17th of May 2021.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to undertake a selection interview either online or in Melbourne.
Please note the Study Tour of Victoria is a temporary replacement to the annual New Zealand Study Tour. Given the current uncertainty around border closures UDV and Gardiner Dairy Foundation deemed a Study Tour of Victoria would provide young dairy professionals with the appropriate opportunity to engage with the industry and develop leadership skills.
For further information please contact:
UDV Stakeholder Policy and Advocacy Advisor
Phone: 0417 165 784
Email: [email protected]