- This event has passed.
Stock Sense & MOFS Cattle Safety Workshop | “Safe Animals. Safe People.”
September 12 @ 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm AEST
Farmers in the Camperdown region are invited to join VFF for a very special joint workshop with Stock Sense and Making Our Farms Safer.
- How to manage OH&S risks on farm with particular focus on cattle handling
- The importance of quarantining animals, simple biosecurity measures you can apply to your farm, as well as touching on NLIS and FMD/LSD
- Biosecurity plans, biosecurity management plans, and signs, and why they’re important for your property
Our speakers are:
- Experienced Farm Safety Advisor, John Darcy, has had over 35 years of experience in OH&S. He is passionate and dedicated to ensuring farms continue to improve and prioritise safety so that more and more producers can continue to do what they love. We all know a farmer who has without a second thought, used a loading ramp that’s not up to code or jumped over a fence to deal with an emergency but do you know how many farmers have been hurt by a panicked cow or collapsing infrastructure? John will be discussing how to manage OH&S risks on farm with particular focus on cattle handling.
- Liz Hancock, a District Veterinary Officer from Agriculture Victoria, graduated in Veterinary Science in 2010 and then worked for 9 years as a cattle vet in South West Victoria. In 2020, she started her Master’s degree in One Health, and has since bought a beef cattle property (aka money pit) nearby. In 2022, Liz became the District Veterinary Officer in Warrnambool, also covering a lot of the Corangamite Shire. In this role, she covers a lot of welfare, Emergency Animal Diseases and events, and livestock compliance.
- Although the current Stock Sense team is relatively new, we are dedicated in helping Victorian livestock farmers with biosecurity measures and animal health/welfare issues. We understand how difficult it can be and want to make sure farmers get access to easy-to-understand information and resources. We will also be providing free biosecurity signs to attendees.
This is a FREE event for all Victorian farmers. VFF Members and Non-Members are all welcome.
Tickets are limited, so get in quick!
Biosecurity signs and resources will be free at the workshop.
For more info on this event, please contact the teams with their details below.